Variable Hours Learning Development Advisor
- To provide learning support to identified students in or out of class or on work placements for an agreed number of hours in one or more curriculum areas
- To liaise with the Vocational and Pastoral Lecturer and Curriculum Manager, Foundation Learning to agree the support needs of individual students
- To liaise regularly with tutors to ensure :
- The safeguarding and welfare of students is of the highest priority and any concerns are raised appropriately in line with College policy.
- The role of the LDA is agreed
- The needs of the students are met
- Support is relevant to the course
- Student needs are reviewed regularly
- Feedback on individual progress is provided
- To attend curriculum team meetings and be an active member of the team
- To keep appropriate records as required by the college such as registers, progress reports etc
- To act as key LDA for identified students, including liaising with parents, guardians and external support services where appropriate and coordinating targets and reviews for students with an LDA assessment or EHC plan.