Support Worker- Excellent Career And Training Opportunities!
Harrogate North Yorkshire
£7.45 per hour/ £59.45 per sleepover
Full Training Provided.
Permanent Positions full Time (40 Hours per week) or part time (20 Hours per week) or bank work available.
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career in Harrogate but do not have any experience then we can provide full training and the opportunity to progress into more Senior and sometimes managerial roles. You just need to have the right values, attitude and approach.
We specialise in supporting adults with a learning difficulty to live rich and fulfilled lives. Our role as a support worker is to encourage them to be who they want to be and remove the barriers.
What is the role of a Support Worker?
As a Support Worker you will listen to the things that bother our individuals, listen to what they want to do, how they want to live, what they want to achieve, what works for them/what doesn’t work for them. Your approach will be individual to the person you are supporting, their goals, their dreams and their aspirations. Then you will give them all the encouragement, motivation and support they need to achieve those goals. At no point would you do things for them but your role as a Support Worker is to empower them to be able to do these things independently.
This could include:
- Supporting in all aspects of daily life to be able to integrate into the community
- Attend to their physical and emotional needs
- Involve them in all the decisions and choices that affect them
- Help them retain the highest level of independence as possible
- Supporting them to attend college, go to the gym, attend clubs, go shopping, go to a football match… it could be anything
What are the hours?
You do need to be flexible and be able to work a variety of shifts including sleepovers, days, evenings and weekends.
What do I need to be a Support Worker?
- The desire to make a difference to someone’s life.
- An excellent role model with patience and understanding.
- Having a hobby yourself or an interest that you could share with the person you support could also be an advantage.
- A driving licence is ideal but not essential
To apply for this position please click on the apply button and one of our team will contact you to discuss your application before submitting it to the end employer.