Investment Lead - Up to £45,000
The role of Investment Lead will not only plan our investment for the remainder of the regulatory period but create the 10 year investment plan for the next regulatory cycle. This is critical in ensuring we get the best settlement in the next regulatory period, enabling long term success for the organisation.
Our team are beginning to prioritise investments effectively across our different asset types, which is an Ofgem expectation and something we must be able to do as different types of asset present different risks. We continue building the programme of work for a minimum of 5 years, but are looking towards 10 years in order to justify our business plan for RIIO-GD2 in 2019.
To ensure we get best value from the investment in our assets, NGN must justify and demonstrate the value of every investment decision we make, using a range of financial and non-financial factors. The role needs to identify, prioritise and ensure the efficient delivery of asset investment plans for specific asset types.
We're not looking for someone with experience in the utility sector but we are looking for someone who has the following skills, experience and qualities:-
- Excellent communication skills both written (document and business case preparation) and oral (presentations and representation at discussion forums and meetings)
- Ability to influence and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders
- Leadership of multi-functional teams across several departments, with strong emphasis on feedback and performance improvement.
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to challenge normal engineering and investment practices against alternative scenarios
- Strategic planning and Investment options appraisal
- Knowledge and understanding of UK infrastructure regulatory framework and principles (not necessarily in the utility sector)
- Ability to represent NGN at external meetings and in the market
- Utility experience/background is not essential for this role, we welcome candidates from different sectors.
- Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Experience in a Strategic Asset Management and/or Investment Planning role
- Full UK Driving Licence is desirable
You have the chance to join a forward thinking company striving to be the best Independent Gas Network, to do this we need innovative forward thinking people to join us.
What we offer in return
- Up to £45k per annum (depending upon experience)
- Permanent Contract
- Bonus Scheme up to 10%
- 25 days holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays
- SSP for first 5 working days then Occupational sick pay
- Stakeholder pension scheme (up to 10% employer contributions)
- Flexible benefits scheme, includes salary sacrifice options such as cycle to work, childcare vouchers, private healthcare, travel insurance, gym membership and much more
- Plus other family friendly policies, maternity/paternity pay, volunteering policy etc..
Click apply to view the full job description and to apply for these amazing opportunities.