Our award-winning cloud technology client is looking for an enthusiastic technical author to play a key role in authoring technical stories and user documentation to support the development of their products and services. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make this role your own; they have no ideas set in stone and are open to all suggestions regarding tools and documentation best practice.
As the sole technical author, you will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining an indexed knowledgebase of business support information.
- Authoring technical stories and establishing a repository of information to support internal product development activities.
- Reviewing technical solutions devised by the team to establish technical specifications.
- Ensuring that all technology standards are best practice and are maintained for key product areas.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Technical authoring experience in a software development environment, ideally working on developer level documentation such as API/SDK documents.
- A flair for turning highly technical subject matter into easily understood text.
- The enthusiasm, knowledge and ideas for driving technical documentation forwards.
- The ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- Experience of working within an Agile Scrum team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Onsite car parking is available and the company is a very short walk from a mainline train station.