Automotive Lead Engineer
At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world's leading manufacturers, and due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Lead Engineer to be based at our office in Coventry.
The Lead Engineer is responsible for leadership of the sub system engineers and is responsible for deliverables for all aspects of defined component(s)/system(s). This role will sit within our safety department specifically working on a seatbelts project.
Area of Responsibility
This position is responsible for establishing, planning and running the engineering sub system meetings to ensure appropriate cross functional representation and input from all relevant areas.
You will have responsibility for:
- Establishing the team work plan
- Ensuring progress is made by following up actions with their owners.
- Publishing minutes from each meeting
- Ensuring that the engineering sub-system delivers its objectives and targets (technical and business)
- Ensuring that programme timing objectives are met
- Communicating team progress to management
- Ensuring the effective application of APQP to manage system/component delivery
- Ensuring vehicle builds are supported with parts at the required level
- Ensuring that issues are addressed and closed off
- Ensuring that issues that cannot be resolved are escalated to Module Leader
Identifying all risks to the programme.
- Proven project management capability demonstrated by recent delivery on time & budget.
- Engineering knowledge of defined component(s)/system(s) design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements,
- Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels,
- PC Literacy: Microsoft Project, Powerpoint, Excel, Word etc
- Significant experience in use of engineering tools FMEA, Six Sigma, problem resolution etc.
- Successful history of delivery within the automotive and military sector.
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- CAD Literacy: ability to manipulate and interrogate CAD data and use associated visualisation tools.
- Ability to generate CAD data in Catia v5 would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of project delivery processes eg PPAP Working
We support our clients through engineering services outsourcing, product development, IT services and product management solutions. If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better.
TATA Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.