Production Operators, East Sussex, £14,000 - £17,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 Production Operators to join a growing, successful and innovative company based in East Sussex.
Photek is a specialist manufacturer and global supplier of vacuum based tubes and camera systems for photon detection. They are experts in large area and ultra-high speed imaging and advanced photon counting camera systems.
The Production Operator role involves the accurate assembly of parts used to create vacuum tubes. This is an interesting and varied role which will involve working in a number of different production areas to ensure we have flexibility in our production requirement.
Main Duties include:
- Preparation and cleaning of components used in sub-assemblies.
- Manual assembly operations to build sub-assemblies
- Use of small hand tools.
- Use of some automated equipment used in assembly processes.
- Completion of paperwork, recording some data, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Possible use of welding and/or soldering equipment.
- Possible use of lathes, mills and drills
- Measurement of parts and inspection (possibly using microscope)
- Carrying out production processes, adhering at all times to the written procedures.
- Complete parts within given time.
- Communicate problems to the department manager and/or engineering team in a timely manner.
- Ability to work across several teams to ensure that business needs are met, and flexibility of resources is achieved
- Effective communication with colleagues, and cross functional departments i.e. Test, Engineering, Purchasing etc.
In-house training will be provided
The role is Monday to Friday working within ‘office-type’ hours
Skills and knowledge required:
- Experience of low to medium volume production
- Use of hand tools
- Manual dexterity and good concentration
- Ability to follow written working practices accurately
- High attention to detail and in quality of work
- Ability to work well in teams and communicate effectively with team and supervisor
- Experience of welding and/or soldering would be an advantage
- Experience of working in clean rooms is desirable
- Maths and English GCSE (grade C or above)
- Foundation technical qualification would be an advantage (e.g. OND, BTec, C&G, PEO 1 or 2)