Contracts Negotiator - Permanent - Hampshire - ??30,000 - ??35,000
Responsible for contracts management of development and production contracts. Contracts are typically of a high value with critical schedules involving levels of complexity and contract change activity. The post holder is authorised to negotiate and make binding decisions on behalf of the company, subject to appropriate approvals, and serves as a primary commercial interface with customers, suppliers and internal organisations on assigned programmes.
- Administer complex acquisitions and requisitions:
- Have a good knowledge of the different types of commercial/contract models and how to use them and a thorough commercial knowledge and understanding of assigned programmes
- Ensures Terms and Conditions are being adhered to including flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers
- Liaison with internal organisations, customers and suppliers in support of above and provide guidance and advise relevant to assigned agreements
- Organise and maintain contract files
- Ensure timeliness of all contract actions including DCAs, contract summaries and contract close out in a complete and timely manner.
- Keep leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution
- Independently define risks and provide solutions for contract issues and changes.
- Undertake source selection requiring innovative approaches:
- Is main interface between customer, supplier and internal organisation
- Issue and analyse RFQs/ITTs including multi criteria
- Evaluates multiple contract packages
- Supplier identification
- Vetting of responses
- Make recommendations to lead, team lead or manager (as appropriate) in regards to the outcome of the selection process, including identification of any risks or alternatives associated with the selection.
- Carry out negotiations in support of the above:
- Negotiations completed in a reasonable time
- Co-ordinates and prepares negotiation plan including approval process
- Leads fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity, with support - Negotiate Terms and Conditions on non-standard agreements.
- Provide assistance to senior contract administrators as directed in support of the management of complex contracts.
- Possess and demonstrate analytical, planning, negotiation skills and knowledge.
- The post holder works under general supervision against established procedures.
- Reports to either Leads, Team Leads or Manager:
- Prepares and/or assists in preparation of correspondence, presentations, reports and/or contract summaries and briefs facility management on related issues.
- May, with direction, supervise work flow of agency staff and ITs.
- Shall be cognisant of all relevant Lockheed Martin processes.
- Provides advice and counsel to peers and leads on related subjects.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned.
- A Good understanding of contract Terms and Conditions
- Strong communication skills both written & oral)
- Typical minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role
- IT commercial contracting/procurement experience advantageous
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
RECOMMEND A FRIEND:
If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you ??300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.