Public Affairs and Advocacy Manager
The Public Affairs and Advocacy Manager is accountable for the planning, development and implementation of the General Medicines and Consumer Healthcare PA & A strategy, programs and initiatives at the country level to support the relevant Franchise in their shaping the environment, engage with key external stakeholders and influencers and support the largest possible number of patients able to access our products and treatments.
- Responsible for developing and executing a coordinated public affairs and patient advocacy group (PAG) strategy that improves the profile of the relevant disease area and achieves a consensus on the need for change.
- Ensures that UK public affairs and advocacy planning includes adaptation and implementation of relevant Global PA&A plans and initiatives.
- Act as the primary contact for key PA stakeholders and UK PAGs relevant to the diseases covered by the GBU
- Ensures in-depth understanding of stakeholder objectives/priorities, key initiatives, health and policy positions, strengths and sources of leverage, capacity building needs, and opportunities for collaboration.
- Knowledge: broad industry and NHS & political knowledge, Matrix organizations understanding, Regulatory and compliance key issues, etc.
- Experience: experience working in advocacy, ideally in patient advocacy within a patient association, the pharmaceutical or consultancy industries. Expertise in communication and Public and/or Government Affairs and/or Patient Advocacy
- Capabilities - Influencing and engaging skills, Politically astute, results orientation, build strategic networks and transversal collaboration, challenge the status quo and able to think out of the box, navigate complexity, Excellent written and verbal communications skills, design, structure and delivery of presentations
- Car or Car Allowance
- Company Bonus
- 25 days Annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free Parking