Mechanical Engineer/Project Engineer - Baggage Handling Systems
Mechanical Design Engineer/Project Engineer - Contract - Leicestershire - ??320 - ??350 per Day
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer/Project Engineer who will manage a team of Mechanical Engineers and designers to deliver project(s) to requisite quality standards within time and budget.
The successful candidate will take full responsibility for the delivery of the technical scope of the project throughout the complete project life cycle from initial concept design through to handover and completion.
- Able to lead a team of skilled engineers and co-ordinate multidisciplinary interfaces
- Relevant experience in the baggage handling sector
- Able to plan and organise work in a challenging programme & budgeting environment
- Experience in a 'client facing' environment with multiple stakeholders
- Good confident communication skills and can interact with teams well
- Knowledge of Airline/Handler baggage operational processes
- Experience of working with Project teams and an understanding of the project management process
- Have working knowledge of Autodesk 3D Inventor
- Have a thorough working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D
- Good background in structural design
- Experience in leading teams of mechanical engineers
- Experience of generating requirements from clients brief and decomposing into functional designs
- At least 3 years' experience in a mechanical engineering design office
- Have the ability to produce high quality accurate engineering drawings, including:
- System Layouts
- Design Schemes
- Experience of conveyor systems in manufacturing, process or mechanical handling environments
- Ability to perform accurate site surveys
- Be capable of designing bespoke equipment to resolve specific handling requirements (Special purpose machine design)
- Have the ability to perform basic stress and drive power calculations
- Capable of working to challenging programme and budgetary constraints
- Experience of working in an ISO9001 environment
- Ability to plan and organise multiple workload requirements
- Ability to work to and manage defined deadlines within programme and budget
- Ability to lead a team of skilled engineers, providing technical guidance, project support, reporting, personal guidance and support
- Be capable of demonstrating a structured approach to justifying key engineering decisions
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Recognised Mechanical Engineer Apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3) or BTEC National CERT Equivalent (ONC in Mechanical Engineering)
- Full airside pass or the ability to obtain one
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you ??300!
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.