This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's largest and continually growing entertainment businesses. They're recognised internationally and are commercially minded with a focus on pushing the boundaries of innovation. No doubt you will have heard of them...
We're looking for a hands-on Principal Software Engineer, someone who believes in using the right tool for the job and is not afraid to trial and adopt new technologies.
If you fancy joining an experienced product development team where building and maintaining products to support key business functions is the goal then read on...
Other responsibilities will include providing technical leadership to the development teams. Essentially it's a technical role with some line management responsibility.
We'd expect a solid and current hands-on technical background with the confidence to work across different technologies and software architectures. The ability to communicate technical terms to the business is crucial as well.
Leading the development teams to good solutions through coaching and mentoring techniques while making key decisions when required is ideal.
Key experience required:
- Software engineering experience (across different technologies)
- Software architecture and design (expert knowledge)
- Proven technical background.
- Proven Leadership experience - ideally leading multiple teams
- Agile Delivery/Development experience
- Experienced in approaches/practices for development of continuous integration pipelines, development of micro services and test automation.
While experience in the above technology is preferred, they believe in choosing appropriate technologies for the job and are keen on individuals who have an open-mind and a willingness to learn/adapt.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.