.Net Senior Developer/Team Lead - Bicester
Start date - ASAP
Our IT team is the engine that drives innovation and competitive advantage throughout our business. And as one of our crew of software engineers, you'll be right at the heart of things - helping us carry on with the transformation of this 500 year old industry and making Webmart the most effective and efficient operator around.
To make that happen, we need a shiny new .NET Lead Developer to join our agile team based in the one-and-only Bicester Yellow Shed of Wonderment.
You'll be responsible for developing, maintaining and updating applications. Which means you'll need to be able to hit the ground running and be happy to work as part of a very focused team. You also need to be pro-active, a quick learner and be able to communicate ideas, problems and solutions in a user-friendly way to everyone from the office junior to the CEO.
- Min 5-6 years of .NET development experience
- Good understanding of .NET stack and web
- Expert with C# & ASP.NET and a broad technical understanding of other associated tools and languages.
- Technology enthusiast and a true people person. You will always be learning and looking to share your knowledge with others
- Hands on and happy to do what is necessary to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience working in an organized and methodical way, using source control
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humour and a great attitude
- Self motivated with a passion for emerging technologies
- Scrum agile experience ideal
- Excellent mentoring skills and ability to deliver the businesses technology vision to the team.
- C# .NET
- Entity Framework
- Web API
- SQL Server
- IIS - Deployment/Configuration
- Html 5, CSS 3
Nice to have:
- Design patterns
- TDD, DI
- Salary Dependent on experience - ??40,000 - ??50,000
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday
- Range of benefits
- Friendly working environment
WHY JOIN WEBMART?
Webmart was founded in 1996 to consult on and manage the print production of direct mail, in-store cardboard displays, catalogues, leaflets and brochures. Current clients include Microsoft, EA and King's College London. We are financially robust, with a ??25m turnover and substantial cash reserves.
Profits are shared amongst employees (after two years' service) and the work perks include free ironing, free bike-to-work scheme and a free drink on Fridays. The dress code is casual.
The business is carbon-positive and has donated around ??500,000 to charity since 2009.
The open-plan Bicester office has an on-site gym, great facilities and a variety of creatively-themed meeting rooms.