Auditor, Embedded Control, Risk, Financial Services, Manchester
Auditor, Embedded Control, Risk, Financial Services, Manchester, 12 months
A major financial services company is looking to appoint an auditor with control exposure to work in its Global operations team in Manchester on an initial 12 month contract.
You will have overall responsibility to work with the Embedded Control Manager and Global Operations Control to ensure the control environment within the business unit is sound and the business unit is meeting client needs.
- Work with Embedded Control Section Manager to complete all control and risk management responsibilities for the assigned business unit in accordance with Corporate Policies and Procedures, Regulatory requirements and Legal practices.
- Maintain working knowledge of business unit processes, procedures and business products.
- Coordinate risk related projects and initiatives at the direction of the Embedded Control Section manager.
- Identify significant business changes and where appropriate direct and/or coordinate preparation of required analysis to review changes, ensure proper mitigating controls, and approval for changes.
- Perform periodic focused process/control reviews to ensure risks are correctly identified and managed. Implement control changes, as needed.
- Work with LOB Managers, Global Operations Control and Sector Risk to create appropriate documentation supporting identification and mitigation of risks (Risk and Control Self Assessment Documentation (RCSA).
- Identify recommendations to improve the quality of internal controls and mitigate the risks, both current and predicted. Ensures recommendations are implemented and monitored.
- Develop and conduct a testing program to ensure policies, procedures and controls are adequate and effectively implemented to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Ensure continuous oversight and update of control testing program and reviews.
- Work with Embedded Control Section Manager to ensure that consistent management information is in place and reported with appropriate elevation of issues to management.
- Key Risk Indicator reporting, development, implementation, and enhancement.
- Analyse errors, near misses and significant events to identify root causes. Ensure the development and implementation of appropriate controls.
- Monitor Internal Audit/Regulatory findings and Gaps and for timely resolution by the Business Unit.
- Represent the business unit in meetings relating to control and risk initiatives and projects.
- Prepare and deliver training on control and risk based activities as required.
- Complete special projects as required.
What we are looking for
- Experience of Financial Operations and/or Risk related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Previous risk and audit experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as, solid technical and PC skills.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills,
- Ability to multi-task, deadline driven environment.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment
If you wish to apply for the above position, please call me or email.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Adecco is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.