DevOps Continuous Delivery Consultant
Exciting opportunity to work for a fast paced and social leading edge DevOps and Continuous Delivery consultancy. We are a company founded on the values of openness, honesty, teamwork and fun, focused on delivering the best customer experience.
You'll benefit from significant technology training and exposure, and you have the opportunity to undertake travel (predominantly UK, occasionally European travel, expenses paid). You will be trained to become a Senior DevOps Consultant with a core focus on advisory and strategic engagements. You will have the chance to implement innovative automation solutions for a broad array of clients. If you are looking for a career-driven opportunity, this is the ideal role as there are various opportunities to grow within the DevOps and IT sector as we are working with a multitude of different partners, supporting our customers on their DevOps and Automation journey.
We are looking for hungry-to-learn out of the box thinkers to join our team. Your intensive training will start immediately, focusing on learning key principles, technologies, products and the consulting skills that are critical to success in the high-growth automation sector. The majority of our engagements are 2-8 weeks in length with each one providing opportunities to learn client technologies and approaches and requiring continual learning of new technologies. Our team unanimously agree that they really benefit from continually learning new technologies as part of this role, and that they've learned more in a shorter period of time than previously.
You will need:
- System Architect or Consultant Experience for DevOps, CI and/or CD related pipelines
- A working understanding of three or more of the following: Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, Containerisation, Cloud Services, Infrastructure as Code, Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC)
- A client-focused can do attitude
- High attention to detail
- Clear communication - both written and verbal
- Ability to learn fast and outside the box thinking
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Advanced experience in one or more of the following: Powershell, Unix, Bash, Python Scripting
- Advanced expertise of two or more tools from listed tools in the Desirable Skills section
- A degree in an IT related discipline is preferred although not essential
- Experience of one or more of the following tools (CI): Jenkins, Cloudbees, Bamboo
- Experience of one or more of the following tools (CD): Jenkins, GoCD, Automic, Octopus Deploy
- Experience of one or more of the following tools (CM): Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience of one or more of the following tools: SVN, Git (GiHub, GitLab), TFS, Clearcase
- Experience of one or more of the following tools (APM): Nagios, AppDynamics, New Relic, Dynatrace
- A working knowledge of one or more of the following tools: Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS, Vagrant, Otto, Graphite, Selenium, Robot, QTP, Jira, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, ELK Stack, Hashicorp Stack
ECS has over 300 employees, a growing pool of contracted Associates, and is headquartered in Glasgow, with offices in Edinburgh, Leeds, London and Pune.
This position is offering between ??25,000 - ??60,000 per annum depending on your level of experience. It is posted on the 18th October 2016 and the closing date is 17th November 2016.