Hybris Developer required to work in an experienced team of software architects and developers, to be responsible for the design, development and testing of quality code to meet customer driven specifications. The successful applicant will be degree educated with a 2:1 or above in Science, Engineering or a Computing related degree.
- Working within a project team, to deliver high quality code to deadlines.
- To clearly communicate what is to be done and the milestones achieved to those within the project in an agreed manner.
- To realistically estimate your own delivery timescales.
- To solve problems posed using the tools and materials provided or to suggest alternatives where appropriate.
- To create robust solutions using the tools and materials provided or to suggest alternatives where appropriate
- To pro-actively research new technologies that may bring relevance to the outputs being created.
- To work with third party suppliers wherever necessary to deliver integrated solutions.
- To be a motivated self-starter.
- To occasionally undertake UK and overseas travel.
A good working knowledge of:
- 1+ years Hybris development experience
- Java language
- Data structures
- Web technologies
- Object Oriented software design patterns
- Familiarity with Windows or Linux operating system
- Strong spoken and written communication
- Experience of delivering software as part of a team
- Knowledge of Spring
- Knowledge of other JVM based languages - Groovy, Scala, Clojure
- Knowledge of one or more Scripting languages, such as Groovy, Python
- Knowledge of webservices technologies such as SOAP, REST, JSON
- Knowledge of relational database platforms Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Knowledge of NoSQL database platforms such as Cassandra or MongoDB
- Knowledge of message queuing systems such as Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Contributions to open source projects
Salmon is a global digital commerce consultancy defining and delivering market-changing solutions and customer journeys for the world's leading brands - brands such as AkzoNobel, Argos, Audi UK, Halfords, Ted Baker, Sainsbury's and Selfridges.
We couldn't do this without our talented people, which is why we're always on the lookout for professionals who like to change things for the better. In return, you'll benefit from the opportunity to work with the best people, to see the impact of your hard work, and to make a real difference.
Established in 1989 with operations in London, Sydney and Beijing, Salmon is going places, and empowering its people to play a big part in the success story.