Tax Ops Analyst
To provide consistently a high level of operational tax support to the Firm and its clients in administering jurisdictional tax laws of the countries within which Barclays operates.
Overall purpose of role:
- This role is within the Tax Operations team - Delivering regulatory monitoring and reporting services covering HMRC, IRS, IFTT/FFTT Regulation across a diverse range of Business segments including UK Private Bank, Investment Bank & Brokerage Services.
- The role holder will contribute to the delivery of exceptional business performance and be responsible for providing an excellent level of service.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities.
- Deliver regulatory monitoring and reporting activity in the UK and Foreign markets in accordance with regulatory requirements with a focus on accurate, compliant and timely execution of our obligations
- Ensuring all work is carried out to meet all departmental and regulatory deadlines in accordance with our control environment.
- Work in co-ordination with other team members to ensure effective delivery of all services offered to internal and external clients
Stakeholder management and leadership.
- Provide technical support and direction to colleagues and other areas of Barclays.
Decision making and problem solving.
- Flexible and professional under pressure, with strong interpersonal skills, commitment and focus on succeeding in a challenging environment
- Promote and assist in the creation, communication and implementation of business change initiatives in a professional and positive manner
- Committed to proactively seeking new and innovative customer focused solutions
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Educated to higher grade level or equivalent
- Industry recognised qualifications; in either accounting or the security industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Good understanding of tax